Manchester is growing and as a result it is becoming more and more appealing for property investors. Here we list 10 of the most compelling reasons for investing in Manchester!
Investing in Manchester:
- Offering average yields of 7.98%, Manchester has recently been named a ‘buy-to-let’ hotspot
- The next two years will see a 632% increase in infrastructure projects throughout the region
- In 2013 for the first time in many years, Manchester outperformed London, with a growth rate of 18%
- Double digit growth is predicted for the next few years in the North West
- Property prices are still, in parts of the North West, 40% below the housing peak of 2008 whereas London is 40% above – this historically high differential can only retract
- A key component of George Osborne’s ‘Powerhouse Scheme’, Manchester will include: Transport, Business, Science and Technology initiatives
- Manchester is the best connected city in the UK with fast rail links to all UK cities and the airport including direct flights to China
- Last year, the average value of homes in Britain increased by 6.5%, in Salford, Greater Manchester the increase was 12%
- It is expected the population of Manchester will increase by 128,000 over the next decade
- Manchester has now become known as ‘media city’ with the relocation of major broadcasters such as the BBC
A number of property experts believe Manchester will continue to be a hotspot for ‘Buy-to-Let’ investment and is now officially the most popular destination for foreign investment outside of London.
Here at CXG Invest we have access to developers who have delivered.
George Osborne said in his Autumn statement last year “I can announce today that we have now reached provisional agreement to allow Greater Manchester to keep 100% of the additional growth in local business rates as we build up the Northern Powerhouse”
“And where is employment growing faster? The North West”.
Robin & George Osborne at No. 10 Downing Street